Belgium baseball

Belgium baseball
Batting

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

European Qualifier


Hey everyone! It has been a while since I have posted anything but I wanted to wait until after the Qualifier. If you were following the live stats online you know that we placed 2nd and lost in the championship to the Czech team. It was a cool experience to play all different countries but I was not impressed with the level of play from all countries but Czech. The competition was not very good at all. We played well for a young team though and lost in both games to the Czechs 7 to 2. Not a bad showing but wish we would have won it. Played a solid shortstop but only hit .250 for the tournament. Common theme was that I could not buy a hit if I wanted to, but that is baseball :). A wise man once told me that all hard hit balls to fielders will even out eventually with little bloops, but I am still waiting to see that haha. We still have 6 regular season games before the break in July. We are sitting in 2nd place right now behind the Pioneers and hopefully we stay right there. Our next two games are Saturday and Sunday this week so after those games I will have another post.

We don't get much news over here about America and if we do I can not understand it because it is in Flemish or French. What I do know is that the US soccer team is about to hopefully clinch a spot in the round of 16!! Go USA!!! Also, the oil continues to spill into the beautiful Gulf of Mexico killing the wildlife. If Bush were still the president everyone would be blaming him for sure, which I find amusing haha Tiger is still having problems winning after the whole cheating scandal and apparently blamed his caddy for his recent loss!! He said his caddy told him the wrong club, but excuse me Mr. Woods aren't you the pro and have the last say??? Hmm...Go figure! His caddy, Steve Williams, from New Zealand is the highest paid 'sports star' there. His salary is a whopping 1.3 million (around) dollars!! Shit, I will hold a bag of clubs and tell Tiger which one to use for that kinda cash!! In all seriousness, that has a lot of pressure and stress in that career. Well that is my up to date news....NOT. I'm sure there is a lot of more interesting things going on like the start of the Cape Cod League this past week, but you all will have to settle for this. Tune in next week for another exciting, hold you on the edge of your seat update! Cheers mates!!! :) PS comment below if you feel moved to discuss, debate, or chat!

No comments:

Post a Comment