Belgium baseball

Belgium baseball
Batting

Sunday, May 23, 2010

May 20th Weekend Games

Hello to all 3 people that probably read this blog haha This weekend we had the biggest series so far for our season. We swept both games. Game 1 we faced a Japanese import  who has gotten all this publicity about being a candidate for the Italy and Holland leagues (best baseball in Europe). We beat him 3-1. I went 1-4 with two RBIs and a few nice plays at SS.

Game two was a littttttle different. We won 19-2 in a long drawn out game. We played solid defense, good pitching, and obviously a ton of offense. I went 2-5 with a double and had an error at SS out of the 6 plays I got. Good team win and we needed to win two. That puts us at 10-2 overall and in sole possession of 2nd place behind the undefeated Pioneers!! We face the Pioneers this upcoming Tuesday and Wednesday. Hopefully we can take at least one from them and give them their first loss of the season.

In a side note, at today's game a swarm of like 2,000 bees almost attacked us while in the field. I have never seen anything like that in my entire life! i was playing SS and heard this loud buzzing (I thought it was a plane flying overhead). I turned around and saw a dark cloud of a couple thousand bees flying in like attack formation right over my head heading towards home plate. I thought i was going to die haha I hit the deck and watched as they flew over me in unison and continued on to their unknown destination. I do not know what would cause a hive of bees to leave their nest and fly like that but I was scared to death. anyways check back for a rare mid-week update as we face the number 1 Pioneers! :) Cheers everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment